Friday 15 November 2013

Super Typhoon Narrative


Chapter 1
By the time I got here people were screaming towards me, “Good grief what is that smell?” was the first thing I said, I am here to get this new job, It’s about finding some people for this man.
Suddenly I hear my phone tone ring, “Yellow?”  I yell upon all the noise. It’s my dad, how sweet! “I’m here to make you proud dad!” That’s the last thing I say until I hang up on him.
I feel pain tumber upon me, my heart sinks as I look up. “Excuse me mister, have you seen this man?” He looks at the paper and points up at a roten building.
I walk away but for some reason I feel ashamed of myself, these people are dirty and they need shelter.



Finally I walk inside the damp house, there are holes inside of the roof and buckets to collect the water, I see my boss sitting in an empty room on a rugged chair.
“Sir?” I say gently, “It’s me  Petra Morris, your new assistant?” He turns the chair around, his eyes are frowning and his face is sinking. “Come sit down.” He says angrily, we don’t talk for a moments but then he mumbles a few words “The first thing you can do for me is find these two people, he shows a photo of a beautiful lady and a little girl about the age of 6.
“Okay sir” I stare at him for a while, and then walk away.

Chapter 2
It has been a few hours, I’m cold, hungry and very tired. Walking pass all the people makes me sad, I check all the dead body’s to make sure that they two girls aren't dead, and I pass a few people asking if they have seen them. There is no hope at all! I can’t believe that this man sent me out here. I open my journal and sit down on an old looking matress, I start writing: ( Dear journal, I am writing to let you know that this place stinks LITERALLY! I miss my old house, there is no hope of finding these two girls) I stick the picture in, when I am half way to a house a little girl runs up to me, “Do you have any water?” she says as she cries, “Um yeah here you go!” she snatches it off me and runs back into the bush beside me.



There is still some water left, but not enough to keep me alive! I’m scared what if I die like this poor old man lying beside me? I pull out my journal and start writing ( Dear journal, my heart is pounding hard! It is getting really late and there is nobody around me, also I have no shelter because all living trees are no longer standing. I keep seeing dead bodies which make me cry even if I don’t know the people. Thank you, Petra Morris. ) I walk away putting my journal in my bag.
There is a huge amount of mess, I don’t blame them, this typhoon was really big.
(I’m starting to know how it feels to loose your loved ones and have nowhere at all to go.) I quickly add to the bottom of my journal.



Chapter 3

It has been a few weeks, I’m really tired because I need to have a long sleep but I can’t, I have a mission to finish and I only have two more weeks left and there is no clues about them at all!
Suddenly a lady that I have passed calls me over, we stop over by an orphanage “Is this one of the people you were looking for?” she looks at me confused. I look close at the little girls muddy face, quietly she asks me “who are you?” I glance into her eyes amazed, who wouldn’t know me? I’m one of the best people on this earth, well eventually the little girl doesn’t.

Me and the little girl walk away, she tells me all about herself as we walk to the next city, “I like tuna, It’s very yum and I’m 7 and my name is Eiren Farrell” I look at her amazed.
“Your father, does he own a business?” she immediately says “Yup, he’s very good at it!”
We have both found a spot to sleep for the night. I pull out my journal and write (Dear my hopeless journal, I have found the young girl, she is with me now safe and sound sleeping under the sale shade.
There is a little bit of hope left inside of me, but there isn’t enough to survive.)

Chapter 4

We passed two towns, looking at all the dead bodies with a seven years old girl feels like you're a disrespectful caregiver who wants her to have a bad life. I know that thats not what I’m doing.
She stops, staring at the bodies around her, “ come on,”  I say, but I know she won’t.
Suddenly she points to one of them, It’s her mum. I put my hands around her eyes and run away, she’s pulling my hands off of her but I know I shouldn’t let go not until she’s safe.

She’s sleeping now, and I don’t know what I am going to tell her father, I may have his daughter but that’s not enough. In the morning we both head off on a train. Me and Eiren are both munching on the food that we get to have for free. Eiren knocks herself to sleep.
I look outside hoping we get there, I’m scared I want to go home, I pull out my journal and write on the last of my pages ( I am thrilled, It has been one week and a few days on this train, The little dirty girl keeps on getting mud on my beautiful dress. I don’t mind, I will have lots of more better dresses once I get home.)



Chapter 5

We are back, the little girl and I are not at all near happy, I saw too many dead bodies, I am grateful that this didn't happen to us in America. I say my farewells and write my writing (This was the best Journey ever) After that I give my journal to the little girl “Keep it” she looks at me thrilled.
They wave to me as I leave in the plain. I’m going to miss them.

In 2013 Petra Morris donated food, water and a few supplies for the philippines. And also went back to the orphanage to adopt a little girl named Sapiro.



The end...

No comments:

Post a Comment