Friday 2 August 2013

The Tiger And The Zebra

The Tiger & The Zebra
Kenn Nesbitt


The tiger phoned the zebra and invited him to dine.
 The zebra said "I thank you, but respectfully decline.
 I heard you ate the antelope; he was a friend of mine.

" On hearing this tiger cried "I must admit it's true! I also ate the buffalo,
the llama and the gnu.
but I could never eat a creature beautiful as you.

 Of all the creatures ever known," "It seems we are the only two with such a stripy stride.
This means you are my brother, that would surely be a sin."

 The tiger met the zebra in hi brand-new fancy car
And when they both were seated at a table near the bar,
 the zebra asked "What's on the grill?"
 The tiger said "You are." "But please, you cannot dine on me!"
the outraged zebra cried.

 You said you couldn't eat me now you plan to have me fried?" And what of us as brothers since we share a stripy hide?

 "I'm sorry," said the tiger and he smile as he replied, "but I love the taste of zebra so, in other words, I lied."






No comments:

Post a Comment